The Outreach Committee distributes 30% of the Chapel’s revenue to selected ministries.
The following Guidelines are used in the selection of recipients:
- The Christ-centered nature of the ministry should be visible to the people served, employees, donors, and the public. The primary consideration is that the ministry performs the commissions of Jesus Christ: to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to give shelter to the homeless. to care for the sick, to visit the imprisoned, in the name of Jesus, and to go into all the world with the message of the Gospel.
- If government funds or any other factors influence the way its Christian beliefs and values are promulgated, the ministry still needs to find visible ways to express its Christian nature.
- Recipients should be organizations (not individuals), non-denominational, tax-exempt, not-for-profit; there is a preference for 501(C)(3)
- Gifts are not made to capital projects, specifically to building projects.
- Ministries must submit their financial data on our Charity Information Form, with particular focus on the percentage spent for programs, administration, and fundraising. Attention should be paid to the Charity Navigator ratings.
- Ministries should have a financial review every 2 years.
- Our gifts to a ministry cannot exceed 10% of its budget.
- Our gifts to a ministry cannot exceed $20,000 annually.
- Special consideration is given to ministries recommended by a Chapel member.
- The majority of our gifts will support local ministries (Northeast Florida), but the need to participate evangelism throughout the world is recognized